Red label errors
---- DRAFT ----
When NRE can't process a transaction in Batch or Bulk processing, or seems to detect an "error", it displays the entry in red text. Also see Error messages which includes examples and a solution related to web browser.
The cause is almost always that the item is already shipped. You cannot ship twice in Batch.
Wrong number in barcode field: Staff may inadvertently scan the L# twice (sending the second occurance into the barcode field); or scan either the Lender # or the Borrower # into the Barcode field.
To fix: re-ship the item individually from the NRE detail screen.
- Go to the individual detailed record.
- Action box: select SHIPPED and Action it.
- Next screen: scroll down to empty field labeled Shipped Item Number.
- Enter the barcode
- Click SHIP button at top of request
- Lender did not ship the item. In this case you can still receive it individually by NRE number and enter the barcode into the NRE record.
- Item has already been Received. (Staff user error)
- Wrong item was sent by lender. (Staff user error at lending, or owning site.) You may be able to fix this yourself or you might just have to send the item back, depends on individual case.
- Item was sent by lender but was also answered Non-supply and filled by another lender. In this case you have received 2 items with the same borrowing # from different institutions. Look at detailed request in NRE to determine which item is actually from the right lender according to the NRE request, and send back the incorrectly processed item to Owning (lending) site.
- Lender shipped item without the item barcode, or with the wrong item barcode. In this case, you can find the request using the B number and receive it from there. Since you'll add the barcode at that point, it should work fine when you later update it to Returned.