|Summit questions, etc.: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contacts||Report a problem|
NRE configuration report
The NRE configuration report is one of several reports offered from the OCLC Jasper server.
Just below the institution name are three cells:
1. 5-character Location code: the institution's 3-character OCLC symbol plus a number such as 01, 02, etc.
2. The name, provided in initial setup as the "description" field identifying the institution or place
3. NRE role or activity
The next line of cells shows
1. Display Sym: you'll see these on the NRE legend, brief display
2. Requesting Loc: which place gets the request. The contents of this cell indicate the Request Managing Location (RML). If it's "null" it means this location manages their own requests; the requests are not directed to another RML. If a location is named, it is the location that will receive and process the requests for that pickup location.
3. Rota Sort: this institution's position in the priority list for receiving requests
Symbols/Aliases. These are the locations configured for NRE. Column headings: Naming Authority (?); Symbol (OCLC jargon; it's not a symbol, it's the actual name, or label, of the shelving location as it appears on the local catalog).
Circulation barcodes. The "barcode" may be text, such as an institution name, instead of a traditional barcode number. This is data passed through the circ gateway.
Configured Alerts. This list includes all alerts that were configured at any time, and does not show which of those are currently in use. The report is being amended to display which alerts are active (currently used) and which are not (i.e. inactive, but may be reinstated for use later).
Brief entries: Some of the locations included for your institution may be a very short entry, with only one Symbol/Alias (NCIP - ) and an NRE role such as Not a Participant. These are usually Pickup Locations. The code and other information is configured in NRE so data is available for NCIP transactions, such as In Transit.